Remote Action Service Features
Remote Action Service builds on Extender Workflow
- Works in conjunction with the Workflow capability provided by Orchid Extender
- Builds on Orchid Extender's ability to execute Python scripts
- Remote Actions can apply to Sage 300 Masterfiles, Transactions & Batches (for Sage 300 core modules, or 3rd party modules developed in the Sage 300 SDK)
- Workflows, emails and web forms are all highly configurable
- Remote Action service is a Poplar Development Solution built on the Django Web Framework and hosted on AWS for security and peace of mind
Triggering a Remote Action
- One or more Remote Actions can be included when configuring a Workflow Template, using Orchid Extender
- When the Remote Action is triggered, a configurable webform is created on the cloud-based Remote Action service platform.
- When the action is assigned to an individual (or group member) they are notified by email
Processing a Remote Action
- The email each Workflow User receives includes a one-time link, unique to that named user and workflow instance/action
- By clicking on the link they are taken to a secure page where they can complete the action. (E.g. Approve or Reject, enter a comment, enter a value.)
Completing the Action
- Extender retrieves completed Remote Action forms from the website and feeds the results back into Sage 300 to progress the Workflow
- The retrieval step can be automated by using Process Scheduler to regularly poll the Remote Action website for newly completed forms
Remote Action Service relies on these Orchid products
- Remote Action works in conjunction with the Workflow capability provided by Orchid Extender
- Configure workflows with Extender Configurator, taking advantage of our range of pre-defined Actions
- Use Extender Developer to develop your own Custom Actions with Python
Learn more →
Orca Oz Enterprises uses Extender Workflow, including Remote Action Service, to enforce their 2-Step AP Approval business rule.
Orca's new A/P Approval solution has saved time and effort, ensured compliance, supported their new remote working regime, and resulted in faster payment to the vendor. Everyone's a winner!
- Each Remote Action user requires a named Workflow User licence. A subscription to the Remote Action service is also required.
- Remote Action users do not need to be logged in to Sage 300, but the Remote Action service works in conjunction with the Workflow capability provided by Orchid Extender (all editions), which in turn requires Sage 300 to be installed.
- Automatic polling to retrieve Remote Action results requires Orchid Process Scheduler (Level 1 or higher).
How to buyTalk to your local Sage 300 partner Send message
Please contact us directly if your business is in the UK, Europe or other regions not listed here.
North/South/Central America and the Caribbean
Phone: (416) 453-7876
Robert Lavery & Associates
14 Woodway Trail
Toronto, Ontario CANADA M8Y 2B8
A-Plus Software Limited (ID#82011633)
5/F Goldsland Building
22 Minden Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui,
Kowloon Hong Kong
Australia and New Zealand Region
Sage Software Australia - Business Management Solutions (ERP & CRM)
Phone: 137 243 (13 SAGE)
Level 11, Zenith Tower B,
821 Pacific Hwy,
Chatswood NSW 2067
Sage South Africa (Pty) LtdPhone: +27 11 304 3000
6th Floor, Gateway West
22 Magwa Crescent
Waterfall 5-lr, Midrand, 2066
Middle East Region
Sage Middle East
Phone: +971 43900180
Office No. 118 Building No.11
Dubai Internet City (DIC)
Dubai, PO Box 500198
United Arab Emirates (UAE)