Detail Optional Fields
Adds Optional Field capabilities to Detail Views that don't otherwise have them (e.g. Bank Entries).
- Detail Optional Fields are easy to set up and configure, and are functionally identical to Sage’s Optional Fields
- They can have default values, are stored in the database by related object key, and are easily used in reporting
- All fields are added to the appropriate grid, so the optional data can be managed inline with the related object
- Optional Fields are transcribed to the G/L Entry Optional Fields
How does it work? (Example)
Optional Fields are defined in Common Services, as normal.
- E.g. Create the CUSTLIST Optional Field with values of Company 1, Company 2:
They can then be assigned to the desired Detail View, with a default value, via an Extender Custom Table.
- E.g. Assign the CUSTLIST Optional Field to Bank Entries.
They then appear as columns in the detail grid.
- Values flow through to the GL Entry Optional Fields.
Orchid Systems, a Sage Tech Partner, has been part of the Sage community for over 25 years. Extender is just one of our innovative add-on modules designed to enhance the functionality of Sage 300.
How to buyTalk to your local Sage 300 partner Send message
- These apps were built by the developers named under the app descriptions, and the associated intellectual property vests with them.
- Orchid Systems does not support or provide any warranty for the apps (unless the developer is listed as Orchid Systems).
- Everyone’s requirements and environments differ, so be sure to thoroughly test any apps you acquire before loading them in your live environment.
- These apps are designed to work in conjunction with Orchid Extender (Developer Edition), which in turn requires Sage 300 to be installed.
- The app developer (via your Sage Solution Provider) can provide you with the full list of requirements for specific apps.